Monday, January 23, 2012

el campo blanco esta ya para la siega

I hope the subject line is kosher to use. It means the field is ripe, all ready to harvest. And that is the truth. During companion study this morning my companion and I received a phone call from someone who said, "I want to take the missionary lessons." ...What?? I couldn't believe it. His friend is a member of our ward who gave him our number. We'll see what happens. There are great things taking place among the hearts of the children of God. Angels are preparing them.
We made a lot of progress this week I feel. The members are helping us forward the work as we align our goals with theirs. God is blessing us to be in the right place at the right time. The scripture D&C 68:6 has become real to me.
This week our zone had a temple trip scheduled. We forgot to ask a member to drive us there so the we had to use our car, and when we pulled out of the apartment complex at 6:45am we realized we didn't know how to get there. And I had no idea whether or not we would make it for our session. We called other missionaries and one of them gave us some help but we still felt lost and pressed for time. So it was a miracle to walk into the temple with just enough time to make it in the session. It was relaxing to feel the peace of the temple in contrast to the intense worrying just minutes earlier. I believe the Lord helped us find our way so that we could enjoy His sacred house.
I was reading in the November Ensign and found this quote from Elder Scott: "Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope, and a restoration of confidence in one's ability to overcome the challenges of life. They have potent power to heal emotional challenges when there is faith in the Savior. They can accelerate physical healing." Trust in the scriptures and the powerful influence they can bring into your life.
Enjoy your week of miracles and find joy in the struggles!

Elder Joshua Gathro

No comments:

Post a Comment