Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"So much time, so little to do - strike that, reverse it


Dear Family,
So this morning my companion and an elder we live with went to get haircuts from a member and it ended up taking a few hours, and we still have several things to do today. So I don't have much time to write. I thank you so much for your letters, for your support, and your faith. I'll reply back to Tyler's letter next week. Dad, you have a good point that I have felt as well. It's hard to put into practice so many things that I have learned, all at one time. Mom, hang in there. Disappointments are bound to happen. Difficulty is necessary. But keep your eye on the Savior and seek encouragement from His example and His words. As President Monson says, we must never forget during challenging times that Heavenly Father has not left us alone. Remind me and I'll share more thoughts next week if you'd like.
Well we had zone conference this week which was outstanding. We also had some setbacks, but at the same time we saw some miracles. The investigator from the Dominican Republic that I mentioned wants to be baptized on the 23rd. He's so solid, very sincere, and a great guy. It's a joy to watch him embrace the Gospel as he is. We met with some other people that are progressing along really well. One of them just got scared out of baptism last night by his dad. Even though we tried hard to involve the father in everything, he still has fear that he will be loosing his wife and son. Please pray for their family.
I have to finish up already. I love you all. Even though hard times come, we can have hope for a brighter world. Ether 12:4. Thank you for everything. I'll talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Gathro

No comments:

Post a Comment