Monday, June 17, 2013

Here You Go

Dear Family,
"This is my first last best chance to have any hope for a fresh start at a new beginning for the first time again." This is my last first day of the transfer. I've been thinking a lot about the goals I want to set and what I want to still accomplish and become before my time runs out. I set some exercise goals too, and this morning I had to wake up and haggle my companion a little bit for him to get up early with me and run. Really, you get what you go for. If it's a priority, you'll do it. So we'll see what happens.
This week went really well. Monday night we had skit night for FHE that we participate in with our investigator. So much fun! And afterward we sat down for a short lesson and it turned out that he was having doubts about his baptism (scheduled for this past Saturday) because of some opposition from his mother. So we decided that we would do a fast with him on Tuesday, and it worked miracles! When we met with him after the fast he was picking out people for his baptismal service. There is power in fasting. I know it. His baptism turned out really well! It was a really spiritual event.
Last night we had the mission president's fireside at the local institute. Elder Perez and I decided we wanted to translate, which I was excited for but a little worried because I don't use my Spanish nearly as much. But the translation came out really well, and I talked to a few native-speakers there. With them the Spanish still flows no problem.
Transfers are this Wednesday so things are a bit crazy around here. It's all coming together but there's sure a lot going on. I really gotta get better at administering. Any advice?
Anywhooligans, that's been my week. Thanks for everything, Family. You the best siblings and parents I've ever had! Enjoy your week!

Much love,
Elder Gathro

No comments:

Post a Comment