Friday, February 17, 2012

As in life, chill for best results.

Well not a whole lot of variance this week as far as our activities and happenings in the work. We had a lot of success in contacting investigators and less-actives that we've been asked to see. One lesson this week that I really enjoyed was with someone we met while walking past his house. He said he's tired of the Catholic church and is only interested in learning about Mormons. The lesson flowed more as a conversation, with us sharing the doctrine, and him asking questions, and then us answering him. When we taught about Joseph Smith, he said, "So then there was a prophet after him, right?" YES! It was wonderful. We're hoping and working to see him progressing.
In the middle of the previous paragraph, a man sitting beside my companion starting chatting with us. He's a really friendly guy, and he said that he has read in the Book of Mormon with his LDS neighbor before, over a period of several months. But "it didn't do anything for [him]." He said, "I have no desire or want to learn. My soul can't accept anything other than the Bible." How sad is that. The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ. The Church and Joseph Smith aside, if you believe in Christ you will believe in His words. And the Book of Mormon contains His words.
This morning in my personal study I read a little bit from Chapter 1 of Preach My Gospel. It made me realize that I need to help others realize that every invitation we extend, to read, to pray, to attend church, is really an invitation to come unto Christ. We cover that up sometimes, or maybe it just seems so obvious to us, but it doesn't always to others. They need to know that Christ is the one inviting them to read, to pray, and to come to church. That's just something on my mind this morning.
Well have a great week, siguen adelante y sean de buen animo!

Elder Joshua Gathro

No comments:

Post a Comment