Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy April!

Dear Family,
I was up at the mission office this week and our mission president got a letter recently about a policy change on email usage. I am now currently allowed to email anyone outside the mission, and recent converts within the mission by approval of the president. So that includes friends and priesthood leaders from home. Crazy huh? So to the siblings and whoever, feel free to email me directly whenever you wish. I'm still limited to an hour though, so the more letters I read the less I'll be able to respond.
It was a good week. My companion Elder Sawyer the Beloved is now in the area that I came from, and I'm down here with another awesome new companion. He's from Chicago, been out 10 months, great work ethic and sense of humor... AND his middle name is Daniel too! We're having a great time although it seems like we've been busy non-stop. We're trying to squeeze out the gray areas and be the most obedient and faith-filled that we can. It's just the little things that we're working on but it's been really refreshing. My companion is helping me be more diligent with my time and not be lazy. Today we'll be able to get more organized and stop to take a breath. Preparation Day really is a sanity-saver :)
One of the things we want to do as a result of our current assignment is find the sheep who's records we don't even have. There's not a specific way to do it other than have God put them in your path. Well yesterday afternoon we had one of those ocurrences. It's a good feeling. And we were guided to another house that he didn't know how to find. And the day before we hit all green lights when we were running late for dinner :) Some of the greatest news this week is that a man we've been working with (he is currently living with a less-active member but they're not married) has decided to be married and baptized this month! We're working closely with our branch president as well to make sure things work out properly. It's exciting.
Thank you for the Easter package yesterday and for your emails today. I love you all so much. Have a great April Fool's Day and enjoy your week with General Conference!

Elder Gathro

No comments:

Post a Comment