Monday, June 3, 2013

Week Tras Week

Dear Family,
This was a really good week with some good personal growth. We did an exchange early in the week that I kinda felt sloppy about just overall. Like it wasn't very purposeful. But then we did another exchange on Friday that was very different. I insisted that before we went to bed Thursday (it was an exchange from Thurs night to Fri night) we had to identify what we wanted to get out of the exchange. Then when it came time to exchange back and we evaluated how the day went, we had something to measure it against. And we were all looking for ways to improve on things. It was really uplifting. I'm learning week after week more about "vision". When we can see what God sees, it makes us powerful in what we do. We can know the will of God and how we are to carry it out. I'm finding a lot of connections to that subject that I thought possible. It's an answer to prayer.
Our mission right now is attempting to read the entire Book of Mormon before our mission president and wife leave. We started this week in our district meetings and are focusing on the Atonement of Jesus Christ as we study. It's another answer to my prayers because I really want to become even more knowledgeable of the scriptures and know how to use them better in my teaching. So this is forcing me to make it a greater priority. And it has already make a marked difference. I can't help but feel like the Spirit is working more closely in my missionary service. What a blessing! :)
Good to hear from you all and thanks for the video, Ben! I love you all!

Elder Gathro

PS- We went hiking this morning right by ASU Stadium. From the top of the hill we could see the entire Phoenix valley. Quite the sight! And my first time hiking since I've been in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment